Thank you for being one of our most loyal readers. Please consider supporting community journalism by subscribing.
Have you ever wondered why the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation ceased operations so suddenly? Could it be that Hillary was no longer in a position of influence since she was not going to be president — therefore she had nothing else of value to sell? I’d bet my last Krispy Kreme doughnut on that hypothesis.
I believe the Clintons and their supposed foundation committed what is possibly the greatest white-collar crime in history. I am patiently awaiting their arrest and conviction for various and numerous crimes they committed against the citizens of the United States. But I am not holding my breath till that day arrives!
The figures listed below are from an official copy of the Clinton Foundation Form 990 tax return for tax year 2014 provided by the National Center for Charitable Statistics.
• Line 5 of the Clinton Foundation lists 486 employees.
• Line 12: Total revenue — $177,804,612.
• Line 13: Total grants to charity — $5,160,385, less than 3% of revenue.
Total expenses were listed as $91,281,145.
• Line 15: Salaries — $34,838,106.
• Line 16a: Fundraising fees — $850,803.
• Line 17: Other expenses — $50,431,851. Really? These include $8,000,000 in travel and $12,000,000 to cover “meetings” expenses. Are they flying in Kobe beef steaks from Japan for their meetings? $12,000,000 is more like a trip to the Far Side than a true accounting of funds.
• Line 22: Net assets/fund balances — $332,471,349.
Bottom line: It required 486 folks, who were paid $34.8 million, plus $91.3 million in fees and expenses, to give away $5.1 million. And the Clintons call that a charity!
I’d sure like a peek at Bill and Hillary’s Form 1040 for the last 10 years. That would be very interesting reading.
Speaking of taxes, Al Sharpton claims the rich don’t pay enough in taxes. This from a guy who owes Uncle Sam $4 million in back taxes. Just sayin’!
Did you know that the law allowing for the separation of children from their parents who cross the border illegally was signed by Bill Clinton in 1997? So tell me — why is that a problem now?
Wayland G. Abernathy Jr.